Meeting to Consider Bills
March 27, 2012
Please click on links to view attachments. This will open a PDF file in a new browser.
SB 1225 (Pileggi) | Summary – Codifies the Library Code in consolidated statute form to improve the readability of the Library Code and reconcile conflicts between the Library Code and regulations that have been issued under it.
– A09066 – Implements distribution for library funding for Fiscal Year 2012-2013.
– A09367 – The Chair will be offering a technical amendment on behalf of Senator Pileggi.
SB 1410 (Ferlo) | Summary – Provides for the reenactment and extension of Pittsburgh Public School District’s designation as a Commonwealth Partnership District.
– A09341 – Technical amendment.
SB 1436 (Piccola) | Summary – Prohibits the Department of Education or the State Board of Education from taking action prior to June 30, 2020 that would have the effect of eliminating, limiting or delaying the development of Keystone Exams.
– A09334 – The Chair will offer an amendment to prohibit changing the exams to “high stakes tests” maintaining the current requirement that the exams count for at least one-third of a student’s final course grade.
SB 1440 (Dinniman) | Summary – Provides for reimbursement to school districts, charter schools and cyber charter schools for costs incurred should the Department of Education or the State Board of Education reduce the number of Keystone Exams to be developed or implemented.
– A09345 – Provides the time frame and information required for a school district, charter school or cyber charter school to request reimbursement.